The PU400 Proving Unit provides a safe and reliable means of checking the functioning of Multimeters and two pole Voltage Indicators (VIs) before and after use. Additionally they have the capability of checking the operation of Non-Contact voltage detectors. The PU400 is a battery powered proving unit and incorporates a unique and logical safety function - the test voltage generated is at 50Hz to synthesize a genuine test at AC mains supply frequency – so it will always read correct using the AC range of your Tester or Multimeter.
• Intelligent voltage ramp for testing multimeters and VI’s.
• Generates outputs from 50 - 690V with a true AC waveform at 50Hz. This means it will always read correctly using the AC range of your tester or multimeter.
• The PU400 proving unit has a non-contact voltage detector facility.
• Powerful enough to light old filament style lamps.
• Automatic operation and turnoff for ease of use and battery conservation.
|50 – 690V in five steps (50V, 100V, 230V, 400V, 690V)
|BS EN 61010-1 : 2010
|61326-1 : 2006
|-10 to +35°C at 95% RH
|50Hz Pseudo sine wave
|Maximum Output Power
|6 x LR6 AA alkaline batteries
|10 hours with average use when testing high and low power testers
|68H x 130W x 48D (mm)
|With batteries 350g